Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TWD: Chocolate Chunkers



OMG! That was my first reaction after biting into this cookie. And my second, and third, and....

This week, Claudia from Fool for Food chose Chocolate Chunkers (p. 70 in Baking: From my Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan).

These cookies are decadent! Chunky, chocolatey, chewy, melt in your mouth good. They definitely fulfill any chocolate fix you might need. I was a little concerned about adding raisins to such a chocolatey cookie. I used pecans and golden raisins in mine. After seeing how chunky the batter was, I was more concerned that the cookies weren't going to hold together. No need to worry. That Dorie knows what she's doing. Probably the best cookie I've ever made.

Now I must leave the house and run some errands before that plate of cookies looks like this:


Being alone in the house with these as company is a dangerous situation!

8 comments:

Every Day Gourmet said...

Your cookies look great! I loved the recipe for pizza crust! Thanks so much for sharing it with me. I did sub a cup of whole wheat for white but it still turned out perfect. I am definately making the recipe again. Keep the yummy reipes coming.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Ha, that empty cookie plate looks like trouble! These cookies are pretty tempting lil devils.
Nancy

Pamela said...

Your welcome! I think the name of the blog is cute, but I might have told you that already. Nice job with the cookies! They were dangerously good, weren't they?

Lauren said...

I had to give mine away because I couldn't be trusted to be around them . . . they were too yummy. grat job!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Decadent and dangerous -- yep, that's these cookies! Glad you liked them, we did too!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Hahaha so glad that they disappeared so quickly!

Flourchild said...

I thought these cookies were the best! Your turned out so good. Im going to make these again for sure. I look fwd to seeing your plum cake!!

Christine said...

I had to give mine away as quickly as possible otherwise I would have eaten them all! Your cookies look delicious glad you enjoyed them!